Support, love and engage
Your free 10-day tour to Israel
Taglit-Birthright Israel is an educational programme that you will never forget. The free 10-day tour is a unique opportunity for 20-26 year-olds to experience Israel.
We are very excited to announce that the online application for UJIA Birthright summer 2013 is now open.
The dates are:
* 24 June - 4 July 2013 (Students) Tour Operator: Tlalim-Outdoors
* 30 July - 8 August 2013 (Young Professionals) Tour Operator: Israel Experience
* 19 August - 29 August 2013 (Young Professionals) Tour Operator: Israel Experts
Any enquiries should be directed to UKBirthright@ujia.org
To sign up you must complete the online registration: Click here to apply for UJIA Birthright summer tours
Places are offered on a first-come-first-served basis (upon completion of all three steps). However, some applicants who are 26 years old, or who have been on a waiting list before, may be eligible for a priority place.
The application process is as follows:
1. Complete online application.
2. You will be contacted by the Israeli Tour Operator who will be conducting phone interviews with you. These should take about 20-30minutes.
3. Once the interview has been completed you will be informed of the outcome of your application. Those who have been offered a place will need to pay a deposit (online, via credit card) and will be asked to sign the final waiver and send in a scanned copy via email.
Once you've completed all three steps, we will be able to let you know if you've been successfully accepted.
Please email email@example.com for more information or if you have any questions.
What will I experience on UJIA Birthright?
You'll learn about the country's history, culture and politics and make new friends along the way. As well as meeting new people from the UK, you will have the chance to get to know young Israelis from a cross-section of society including Druze, Bedouin, Arabs and Jews.
Taglit-Birthright Israel welcomes people from all backgrounds.
Here's a taste of what you'll experience:
• Two thousand years of Jewish history at the Western Wall and Masada
• The nightlife of Tel Aviv, the city that never sleeps
• Sleeping under the stars in a Bedouin tent
• Floating in the mineral-rich Dead Sea
• Option to stay on in Israel after the programme.
Am I eligible?
The answer is 'Yes' if you are aged 21-26 (20-26 for student tour), have never been to Israel on an organised programme and have at least one Jewish parent or grandparent.
Taglit-Birthright Israel is the most extensive philanthropic Jewish outreach programme ever to target Jewish young adults. Philanthropists Charles R. Bronfman and Michael H. Steinhardt created this project to send thousands of young Jewish adults from all over the world to Israel as a gift in order to diminish the growing division between Israel and Jewish communities around the world; to strengthen the sense of solidarity between Israeli youth and Jewish communities around the world; to increase the number of return visits to Israel; and to promote the role of Israel as a powerful resource in Jewish learning.
Taglit-Birthright Israel believes that it is every Jewish person's birthright to visit Israel. To date, more than 200,000 young adults have travelled to Israel on the programme.